Mr. Nettles has nearly 20 years experience representing Indiana corporations and individuals in complex litigation such as aviation, subrogation and various employment matters, including ERISA, Title VII and ADA.
Mr. Nettles was born in Franklin, Ind. in 1967. As a life-long resident of Johnson County,
he understands the opportunities and tensions of growing corporations throughout
Early in his legal career, Mr. Nettles served two clerkships for Magistrate Judge J. Patrick
Endsley, U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Indiana and District Judge Larry
McKinney, U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Indiana, respectively.
An avid fan of IU Basketball, Mr. Nettles was a staff member for the IU Men’s Basketball
team during the 1987 national championship season. He has a wife and three children.
Mediation Arbitration Appraisal
Indiana University, 1989
Indiana University School of Law at Bloomington, 1992
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
State of Indiana
Federal Court—Appellate Decisions:
- Crawford v. Marion County Election Board, United States Supreme Court, No.
07-21, 553 U.S. (decided April 28, 2008);(amicus brief on behalf of the League of
- Williams v. REP Corp., 302 F.3d 660 (7th Cir. 2002) (complex product liability case).
- McPhaul v. Madison County Board of Comm’rs, 226 F.3d 558 (7th Cir. 2000); Certiorari
Denied March 19, 2001(ADA and § 1981 claims).
- Detroit Edison Co. v. Prot. Mut. Ins. Co., 134 F.3d 790 (6th Cir. 1998) (property
insurance coverage case).
- Arkwright Mut. Ins. Co. v. Cygnet Automated Cleaning, No. 95-2186, United States
Court Of Appeals For The Sixth Circuit, 1996 U.S. App. LEXIS 22299 (large loss property
Federal Court—District Court Decisions:
- Zetter v. Griffith Aviation, Inc., 435 F. Supp. 2d 622 (E.D. Ky. June 16, 2006)
- Zetter v. Griffith Aviation, Inc., Summary judgment granted, Judgment entered by
Zetter v. Griffith Aviation, Inc., 435 F. Supp. 2d 622 (E.D. Ky., June 16, 2006).
- Zetter v. Griffith Aviation, Inc., Summary judgment granted, Summary judgment
granted, in part, summary judgment denied, in part, Zetter v. Griffith Aviation, Inc.,
2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 23192 (E.D. Ky., Apr. 25, 2006).
- McPhaul v. Madison County Board of Comm’rs, IP97-0097-C-B/S, 976 F. Supp.
1190; 1997 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 14319 (S.D. Ind. 1997) (ADA and § 1981 claims).
State Court Decisions:
- Biddle v. BAA Indianapolis, LLC, 860 N.E.2d 570 (Ind. 2007) (aviation case).
- Schultz v. Ford Motor Co., 857 N.E.2d 977 (Ind. 2006) (filed amicus brief on behalf
of Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana).
- Daimler Chrysler Corp. v. Graves Sheet Metal, 827 N.E.2d 607 (Ind. Ct. App. 2005)
(large loss property subrogation).
- Inlow v. Henderson, Daily, Withrow & DeVoe, 804 N.E.2d 833 (Ind. Ct. App. 2004)
(represented insurance brokers).
- Inlow v. Henderson, Daily, Withrow & DeVoe, 787 N.E.2d 385 (Ind. Ct. App. 2004);
Costs and fees proceeding at Inlow v. Henderson, Daily, Withrow & DeVoe, 2004
Ind. App. LEXIS 404.
- R. R. Donnelley & Sons Co. v. N. Tex. Steel Co., 752 N.E.2d 112 (Ind. Ct. App. 2001);
Rehearing Denied September 24, 2001, Reported at: 2001 Ind. App. LEXIS 1699. Petition
to Transfer Denied February 22, 2002 (large loss property subrogation case
involving product liability claim).
- R.N. Thompson & Assocs. v. Wickes Lumber Co., 687 N.E.2d 617 (Ind. Ct. App.
1997) (construction case involving implied indemnity claim).
North Tex. Steel Co. v. R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co., 679 N.E.2d 513 (Ind. Ct. App.
1997); Appellants Rehearing Denied July 7, 1997. Appellant’s Transfer Denied
December 3, 1997. Petition for Writ of Certiorari Denied May 4, 1998, Reported at:
1998 U.S. LEXIS 2988.
- Gilliam v. Contractors United, 648 N.E.2d 1236 (Ind.Ct.App. 1995) (construction case involving serious personal injury).
Indianapolis Bar Association
American Bar Association
Indiana State Bar Association
Federal Bar Association